Your watch has just clocked 5pm. All you are thinking about is rushing straight home and pouring yourself a glass of some fine wine, right? You probably deserve it.
You know what else would be great? A foot massage. Your feet need some love too you know. Our feet bear much stress and they need to be relaxed too. A fantastic foot massage can have you feeling bursts and explosions of happiness and joy throughout your day.
You are tired and you need a hassle-free massage, get yourself an electric foot massager and experience therapy in a whole new level. In this post, we are going to discuss the fundamentals of foot massage and its benefits, and where electric foot massagers come into play!
5 massage benefits of electric foot massagers you didn’t know about
Before you go ahead and gift yourself with an electric foot massager (because we all know you deserve it), you should first get acquainted with 5 of the best benefits of electric massagers can offer you. Below are five of the best benefits that should push you into getting yourself an electric foot massager because they are worth it.
- Relieves aches and pains
- Promotes better sleep
- Helps relieve stress and the feeling of depression and anxiety.
- Great for the alleviation of period and menopause pains in women.
- Proven to improve your blood circulation.
5 things you should consider before buying your electric foot massager
The question you are probably asking yourself is, are electric foot massagers good for you? Of course they are good for you. Now that you know, here are some important things you should consider while scouting for your electric foot massager.
- Heat: For some, some heat adds up to the whole experience while for others it is not an option. Find one that is comfortable for you.
- Kneading: The kneading on your massager is a great deal to consider. Some come with rollers, oscillations, air compression while others come in a whole package-a combination of all the above.
- Foot size: It does not matter whether you have ginormous feet or little bitty feet, electric foot massagers come in all shapes and sizes. It is just upon you to pick the one that fits you best. A Cinderella kind of fit. However, try not to pick one that is too small because it can cause great damage.
- Power cord: It may seem like a minute factor but it matters. A massager with a long power cord or even a cordless do not limit you in your movements or stopping you from getting your massage from your favourite chair.
- Price: You should be able to flex your financial muscles a little bit if you want to get the best electric foot massager. It is just a matter of evaluating the much you are willing to spend and go for it.
3 of the best foot massage techniques that will leave your tootsies feeling happy
There are various foot massaging techniques but we have put together three of our best picks that will guarantee you have happy feet. Take a look.
- Shiatsu foot massage: This a foot massage technique with its origins in Japan and mainly makes use of finger, palm, thumbs and feet pressure along the acupuncture meridians. It is known for general health and wellness. A Miko Shiatsu foot massager would be the best option of this technique since it comes with easy-to-use adjustments.
- Swedish foot massage: a massager makes use of slow and long strokes that flow smoothly underneath your feet. Better be ready for some chills and tingles for this one. The massager glides smoothly along your feet muscles giving you best relaxing feeling. I recommend MedMassager Variable Speed Foot Massager for this technique.
- Deep tissue foot massage: This is not a technique for the faint-hearted. You are probably going to make a few emoji faces for this one. It involves the use of hands and palms but the applied pressure is intense and are suitable in places where there are adhesions. I recommend Mighty Bliss Cordless Percussion Massager for this technique.
How often should you use foot massager?
There is no limit to how often you should use a foot massager. You want some good time? Give yourself a good foot massage. It can be once a day, every other day or couple times a week. But for most people, three or four times a week should be enough, just make sure to stop if you feel any pain or discomfort.
One thing to note is that, most manufacturers recommend 15 to 20 minutes per session, instead of continues long period of use. This is to help you get the best results while ensuring the foot massager is used safely and effectively.
So, are electric foot massagers good for you?
We spend about three-quarters of our day on our feet and we end up very fatigued. We all deserve to rest and that is why a foot massage is important. Knowing the factors that will influence the kind of electric foot massager you want is one infallible way of heading towards wellness.
A foot massager works to ensure that our wellness and health are in good form and function, fight depression and anxiety, reduce pains associated with menopause and PMS, headache relief, strengthening of foot muscles and ankles and improving our blood circulation.
Therefore, it is only right to conclude that indeed electric foot massagers are definitely good for you!